[Noisebridge-discuss] G1 serial interface incantation

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Mar 16 23:55:07 UTC 2009

Encapsulated within <f08ddf990903161513m308d5effj112170ee86ed1800 at mail.gmail.com> on Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 03:13:34PM -0700, William Heath <wgheath at gmail.com> wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] G1 serial interface incantation
> From: William Heath <wgheath at gmail.com>
> Cc: NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
>
> Hi All,
> If I want to use off the shelf components, instead of making my own cable
> could I use the following to create the cable you made:
>
> http://www.tca-inc.net/usbmatousbbf.html

I'm guessing that this will not work, as the connector on the bottom of
the G1/ADP1 is a special HTC-made connector that has more pins than this
regular USB mini-B connector.

I don't know of a good source yet, but an HTC-made cable with some wires
that are actually cabled to the extra pins could be split open.

--j