[Noisebridge-discuss] Drink Restock!

John J. Kaufman binky at onemain.com
Sun Mar 1 01:08:04 UTC 2009

A classic story from my family annals is that Hershey Corp had put one
of the original hot chocolate vending machines in a machine shop in
Montana my grandfather worked in.  When they came back a few weeks later
to take out the proceeds, they found that the machinists had simply
manufactured slugs --coin shaped pieces of metal-- to use to buy drinks.
  The machine was quickly removed.

So, hacking vending machines in one way or another has existed for at
least 50 years.

-Kaufman