[Noisebridge-discuss] Re: Watchmen on IMAX. I know... popular media

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 22:11:02 UTC 2009

OK, I have finally figured out all my conflicts and gotten everything
sorted.  Matinee it is!  I think we should meet well before 2:30 so we can
get good seats, I'm thinking 1:30-2.  I'm hoping that there won't be much of
a line for the matinee, although I do fear that there will be more than the
average number of small kids.

If anyone got tickets already, I can probably head down to the box office to
exchange them.  I plan to do so for myself.

After the show, I plan to take off pretty quickly for Treasure Island, as
there's an FLG photo shoot planned.  If you need a ride, you might want to
bring something to do.  I'm hoping we can work something out.

Christie

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Mikael Vejdemo Johansson
<mik at stanford.edu>wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Christie Dudley wrote:
>
>> The question has been raised (in IRC, of course) as to why I picked
>> Saturday instead of Friday when it opens?  Mostly it's because of
>> organizational concerns.  I can't be sure I can make it home from Concord by
>> 7 if there's traffic.  Also, people who might want to come up from south
>> bay/peninsula/etc might be stretched to make it as well.
>>
>> Another concern I had is that they'd sell out while we were still getting
>> organized.  That would be bad if we had to split up.
>>
>> Now, as to conflict with the serpent mother event?  I plan to go after the
>> show.  Although I'm a bit concerned about this looking at how long the movie
>> runs.  (2:33)  Would making it out by 10PM be cool with folks?  The event
>> runs all night.
>>
>> The alternative is we could catch the matinee at 2:30, get some dinner
>> then head out there.  I currently have a ticket for the 7PM show, but I
>> could change that at the box office probably in the next day or two.
>>

> For the matinee I'd join up!!

Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err.
~ Mohandas K. (Mahatma) Gandhi

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what
they do not want to hear.
~ George Orwell

Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves.
~ Friedrich Nietzsche