[Noisebridge-discuss] Wednesday: sensory substitution hangout

Mikolaj Habryn dichro at rcpt.to
Tue Mar 10 19:53:08 UTC 2009

Turns out Adam (askory) and I have some similar plans for exploring
haptic compass whatnots and associated gizmos, so we're going to jaw
about it this Wednesday, after the ML workshop. I have little to show
and tell, but will bring along the i2c magnetic sensor and arduino, if
only to demonstrate the form factor possibilities.

I figure where there's two there may be more, so this is a general
invite to anyone else who might be interested. The barrier to entry
for this stuff is remarkably low (one recent contributor to make blog
built a belt-compass in 24 hours using the exact same parts that I've
had sitting untouched on my bench for two months :P), and the field is
very new, so hopefully we'll inspire each other to make some
meaningful progress ;)

Background reading:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.04/esp.html
http://discovermagazine.com/2003/jun/feattongue