[Noisebridge-discuss] [Fwd: [science-108] New Meetup: QS SHOW&TELL V]

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 14 18:12:08 UTC 2009

Hi Noisebridge!

I've been attending these Quantified Self meetups since the second one a
few months ago, and they are usually fascinating.

I'm thinking especially the new Cyborg Group would be interested in
checking out this event - here's a crazy group of people who are
fascinated by using machines to track and log details of their lives.
I've seen presentations by a lady who had 7 always-on webcams in her
house, a girl who obsessively tracks over 50 health metrics every day, a
guy who has logged twitter-like messages all day every day for 21 years
with home-brew software, a software database for storing important
events in your life (Living Time), software for sharing health
conditions and treatments (Cure Together), a guy who has optimized his
alcohol consumption for health benefits, a company which makes wi-fi
enabled pedometers & scales, etc etc.  You never know what you're going
to get.

I totally think that if we wanted to we could find more cyborg-minded
people at this meeting by giving a short talk/demo :-)

Eric