[Noisebridge-discuss] OpenEEG meetup

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Thu Mar 19 19:00:34 UTC 2009

Thursday, March 27, 8PM at 83c.

Agenda:
* Who's here, and what are they interested in?
* What do we have available, and what do we need?
* How do we get what we need?
* Who's going to make that happen for the next meeting?

I've even put together a quick wiki page:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/OpenEEG

Does that work for people?  Jon's given us a good sketch for a plan,
so we just need to execute on that.

We're going to have to go through a handful of phases:
1. Build OpenEEG boards and electrodes
2. Get the data out of these things
3. Get the data into a computer cleanly
4. Analyze for...
5. Applications

It sounds like our first order of business is to get OpenEEG circuits
in.  We want eight, but can start playing around with only two or
three.  How many people are willing to help us out with boards?  It
would be best if you're comfortable leaving them in the space, so
others can use them.

http://www.olimex.com/gadgets/openeeg.html sells the PCBs, but not
kits with all the components.

We'll probably want to order a batch of bare boards, the make a bulk
order for all the parts.  In essence, we'll be rolling our own OpenEEG
kit.  (There's probably beer money to be made in mail ordering those
for people online, hint hint).  It would be great if our first meeting
was playing with boards, but it'll probably getting things together.

We also need electrodes.  Who has strong opinions or background there?

Once there's a hardware base to build on, we'll need to do computer
interfacing.  That's probably not going to be an issue for our first
meeting, though, so we can leave the rest of the details a little
fuzzy.
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com