[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge website security certificate

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 21 17:30:03 UTC 2009

A bunch of people have told me about being somewhat freaked out by the dire warning given them by their web browser saying that they are under great danger if they proceed to look at our Noisebridge website.

Is there anything that someone can do to fix this problem?  Like, fast?  I know there's a lot of philosophical questions about supporting The Man, and all (and I would love to see a real solution to that), but how about if we fix it fast and then come up with a better way in the year we have to discuss it?

Keeping our site looking "dangerous" to those who don't understand what security certificates are about makes us (and perhaps hackers in general) look pretty bad to the world.

Someone I met at ETech (Dylan Tweney, a really cool person, and senior editor of Wired.com) is doing a story on Noisebridge and other hacker spaces.  When that story goes out, there's gonna be a ton-'o people checking out our website.

Mitch.