[Noisebridge-discuss] Autonomous flying project moving along, need advice/help on a few things

William Heath wgheath at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:04:21 UTC 2009

Hi All,
My autonomous flying project using the g1 is moving along well.  For those
who have not heard about it go to:

https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Autonomous_Flying_Platform

I can now construct a serial interface to the g1 which I can then use to
control servos which will then cause propellers to turn.  I have seen blimps
that have only one propeller.  Most use 2 propellers however.  Any advice on
which way to go?  I want to save money/weight so one would be better in my
mind, but let me know your ideas.  I need help designing the interface to
these propellers from a circuit diagram point of view.  Can anyone assist?
 I want to use off the shelf components as much as possible to make this
easy for lamens.  Someone said to use a parallelax board.  Not sure which
one is the best one just yet. Anyway let me know!  Based on my weight
requirements of 6.2 ounces I can use a 7 dollar blimp balloon to do this!
 Anyway, are there any propellers/servos at noisebridge I could use in this
project or what do you recommend I purchase?

-Tim

P.S.

Anyone have a g1 I can prototype with on occasion?  I would need to load the
image that allows for serial communication however.