[Noisebridge-discuss] getting started with arduino

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Mon Mar 30 22:53:15 UTC 2009

Someone was going to hold an arduino class at some point...  I was kinda
sorta waiting for this but then had to do some work with one and
discovered that it was quite easy to follow the web tutorials I found.

I'd be happy to lead a Getting Started With Arduino workshop, if people
are interested.  It would be more a thing where you just set aside that
time to get your arduino working, in the company of other people doing
the same thing, than an actual tutorial.

Is there interest?  If a couple people reply with +1, I'll put up a wiki
page for people to sign up and we can work out a time.

Regarding the arduino Mega order that Christie is putting together, I
don't think it's the best one to start with, partly because it has more
parts and partly because at $65 it is more expensive than, for example,
a Bare Bones Board or even the original Arduino, which runs more like
$20-$25.  Since it's an open source project there are lots of versions
floating around, kind of like Linux.  Given that, it doesn't *really*
matter which one you get.

Rachel