[Noisebridge-discuss] meeting notes 3-3-09 : response to project reports

jim jim at well.com
Wed Mar 4 17:16:44 UTC 2009

> * Project reports.
>   - Darkroom.
>     . Audrey: darkroom has lightseal.  Equipment all functional (yay!).
>  Still needs shelves that fit (the metal ones don't) and proper
> ventilation.  She is blocked on ventilation, not sure how to proceed.
>     . Steen: also blocked on ventilation
>     . Mike: knows about ventilation
i've talked with steen a bit about ventilation:
* our believe is that the darkroom fumes are
not toxic, just a bit stinky.
* tentatively we have the idea to vent the
darkroom area via a fan in the wall and duct
into the bathroom vent. this will require
that the bathroom vent fan is on if the
darkroom fan is on. this will be doable.
* going forward means determining the fan
first, then punching a hole in the wall
for the fan and mounting, ducting, and
electrifying it.
* i'm willing to help.

>   - Shop blower.
>     . Mike: blower is installed above the drinks shelf.  Duct not yet
> connected; he has done his share on this project, someone else needed to
> install ducting.
i've talked with mike about this:
* seems that he and i will meet this week to
improve electrical connection. i'm willing to
try to connect the out of his fan to the
ducting above the kitchen stove.

>     . It can be plugged in and will blow, but just to kitchen, so don't
i won't
(we'll put a switch on it when it's ready
for use.)

>   - LED sign.  Nils: some parts are on order.
if i remember correctly, it was matt who
suggested hanging the LED sign above the
stairs and electrifying it from the octal
box that's currently open and above the
stairs. that octal box is probably switched,
and who knows what else might be powered
from the same switch. i'll investigate.