[Noisebridge-discuss] OpenMoko

Asheesh Laroia noisebridge at asheesh.org
Thu Mar 5 19:36:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Mitch Altman wrote:

> Someone I met at Dorkbot (Louis Montagne) sells OpenMoko.  He sent me
> this today, and I thought people might be interested.  He's French, so
> that's why the language is a little off.  But you should easily get the
> idea.  (Please see below.)

I also have a FreeRunner (the OpenMoko project's current phone, the one
being sold below) that I'm not currently using, so if someone wants to
borrow it for development I'd be very happy!

The FreeRunner does run Android, as well as more "standard"
community-based Linux distributions that can do phone calls. I understand
that the community "SHR" project has built a good, stable phone stack.

-- Asheesh.

--
Your depth of comprehension may tend to make you lax in worldly ways.