[Noisebridge-discuss] Re: Expanding Noisebridge

Bear Naff squirrelingitaway at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:46:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:36 AM, Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com> wrote:

> What else?  If we do some kind of Media Blitz we'd best coordinate our
> efforts for maximum effect, so let's talk it over a bit and see what we
> think.  I will put an agenda item up for Tuesday.
>
> Rachel

Non-member peanut gallery suggestion here:  CodeCon is coming up.  While
it's far too late to prep any sort of talk on hackerspaces, some sort of
meet-and-greet or space-utilizing party would probably bring in a half-dozen
or so members.

Another idea would be off-schedule talks during the down-hours at the con.
You could host them at NB and use them as a form of cheap-in-cash,
costly-in-effort advertising.  If someone wants to tackle a "Hacking
Homelessness" talk, pointing out things like gym memberships (for hygiene)
and hackerspace memberships (for networking, workspace, internet access, and
companionship)  - it wouldn't be too amiss in the current economy and
totally appropriate given the origins of Codecon.  I don't think you'll
actually get that many homeless hackers per se, but it's an interesting
topic to draw people out with.  I'm sure someone else could come up with
similar ideas.