[Noisebridge-discuss] internet down; how to fix?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Mar 9 18:30:02 UTC 2009

Encapsulated within <20090309181220.GM7056 at hexapodia.org> on Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 11:12:20AM -0700, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:
> From: Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org>
> To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] internet down; how to fix?
>
> Now that I've slept, the answer is more obvious -- I should have fixed
> the noisebridge-dsl wifi AP rather than trying to fix the soekris.  My
> bad.

Ack - having your link to your router be flaky can be a confusing pain.

I was seeing much loss through the 'noisebridge' SSID when I was there
this weekend.
Do you happen to know which APs are doing what? It looked like there was
both a WRT54G running into the hacked-up omni upstairs as well as a
Cisco Aironet 2.4ghz/5ghz AP.

Moving from the WRT to the Aironet for regular use might not be such a
bad idea.

--j