[Noisebridge-discuss] internet down; how to fix?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Mar 9 18:49:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 11:42:40AM -0700, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
> I guess I'll try and take an account of what's doing what next time
> we're there.

An inventory (posted to the list) would be fantastic!

> The ping test doesn't seem to be running anymore, but last I checked the
> link was doing just fine. Might there still be a possibility of running
> a point-to-point to the Armory?

The test isn't running anymore, afaik; it was a fair success IMO.  There
have been various discussions of P2P wifi links, and I'd love to see it
happen; I don't know the status of any of 'em.

> > (The pingtest can be turned off.  Either the Aironet or the Ruckus
> > should be turned off, as they're both intended to be The Infrastructure.
> > And so it goes...)
>
> Huh? Frankly, those two seem like the most stable/robust APs that are
> there now, if anything, I think we should push them into use rather than
> power them off.

I'm just trying to say that it doesn't make sense to have two APs
running that are both configured to be "the noisebridge AP".  The Ruckus
has been involved in most of our "OMG wifi unstable" incidents, merely
because it has been our "infrastructure" AP for the last few months.
Maybe it's the Ruckus's fault, maybe not.

> Do you mean that both are in use, whereas we should only be using one or
> the other?

They're both turned on.  I frankly have no idea whether we're routing
packets through both or not, nor what their configurations are.

-andy