[Noisebridge-discuss] Re: Expanding Noisebridge

Adam Skory askory at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 21:23:07 UTC 2009

Ian, I think that's a great idea! I'm not in charge of the ML meeting
so it's not up to me, but anyway thanks for the offer!

This really touches on the suggestion I've been wanting to point out
but holding back on so far.

It seems to me that, while there are lots of excellent things that
could be done with more space, the biggest motivation for more space
right now is conflicting events. Some of these events (particularly
circuit hacking or bio-hacking stuff) really need the infrastructure
at the space. Many others (such as Mandarin corner) just need a
convenient and quiet enough place for people to meet, ideally with
tables, chairs, wifi and really ideally a projector and/or whiteboard.
It seems that the need for more space is most strongly limited to
weekday evenings as well, while much of the rest of the time NB is
relatively empty.

Increasing membership and revenue with the eventual goal of a bigger
space is a very good idea, and if the current economy means we can
find a stupid bargain somewhere lets go for it. But, in the meantime,
I think we ought to take advantage of all these places I keep hearing
as suggestions for farming out events and save our monies.

-skory