[Noisebridge-discuss] Public access laptops

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Tue Mar 10 01:27:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 06:03:22PM -0700, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
> Encapsulated within <3664df540903091509m6b3f50dbl31bfff58d2d6b269 at mail.gmail.com> on Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 03:09:57PM -0700, aestetix aestetix <aestetix at gmail.com> wrote:
> > From: aestetix aestetix <aestetix at gmail.com>
> > To: "noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net" <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
> > Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] Public access laptops
> >
> > Rubin and I were chatting last night about making craptops available for the
> > public. Occasionally someone just wanders in, sees cool things going on, and
> > wants to join in on IRC or do some basic web browsing, and there is no
> > system available to them.
>
> Not sure if it's the intended use, but there is a terminal on the shelf
> right when you walk in. I've used this to ssh out and check mail when
> I've been by without a terminal.

I've lent my laptop to other people (ceren, mitch) when they were in
the same situation.  Given that, I don't understand what the point of
a hacker space is if we can't occasionally ask our neighbor to borrow
a cup of cycles, so to speak.

If I recall correctly the terminal is a mac, so you should be able to
remote into whatever you want using ssh/X11/VNC out of the box.