[Noisebridge-discuss] 83A Wiese

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:20:18 UTC 2009

The situation is that we have a lease until October.  There has been
discussion about expanding before that time, where we would need to annex
new space rather than relocating.  I personally think it would be much
better to wait and find a space that would be more fitting to our needs, and
we have a bit of time to build up a membership to make expansion
sustainable.

The biggest reservation I have about annexation is that it would bind us to
a patchwork of spaces, with likely non-coterminous leases making it very
difficult to get out of the spaces unless we got really huge, in which case
we'd be likely to run into more of the same.

Christie

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Aaron Muszalski <sfslim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am curious:
>
> are you envisioning a Noisebridge annex, or relocating to a new, larger
> space?
>
> The latter seems a better idea, when the time is right. Which would
> seem to be largely a function of finding a space compelling enough
> (size, rooms, useable space, location, etc) to relocate to.
>
> Also: as a newcomer to the list, has this been discussed before, and
> if so, might someone be so kind as to briefly summarize the current
> consensus disposition? (Or point me to the relevant page on the wiki)
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Slim

I refuse to give up childish things.