[Noisebridge-discuss] getting started with arduino

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Tue Mar 31 00:33:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 05:21:25PM -0700, Mitch Altman wrote:

> There's also a bunch of BoArduino kits available for people to build
> at Noisebridge.  They're $17 each, and do everything an Arduino
> does, except you need a USB-TTL cable, which we also have for $19.
> (The upside of this is that you can dedicate a BoArduino to a
> project without wasting the USB interface that comes with Arduino.)

The Boarduino also has proper pins, instead of sockets, making it much
nicer for using with protoboards.  I kind of prefer the boarduino,
with one caveat: you have to solder them together yourself.

(And another thank-you to Rachel.  Lots of us have wanted to do this
kind of bootstrapping activity, but haven't made time for it.
Do-ocracy in action!)
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com