[Noisebridge-discuss] Club Matte for Noisebridge

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Tue Mar 31 00:44:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 05:40:21PM -0700, Rachel McConnell wrote:
> Dr jesus, if you poke the vending machine people again, see if you can
> find out what they do with the broken ones.  It would be pretty cool to
> fix one up, mod it up however we like, and put, say, frozen gerbils in
> it.  Or something.

I maintained a few vending machines in school so I know already know
the answer: they get sent back to the original vendor.  Generally they
have to be really screwed up to get to that point though, because
they're highly modular and a well stocked vending machine company can
generally replace every component in a vending machine except the
frame and some of the internal hopper components.

As, um, "fun" as a frozen gerbil dispenser sounds, I think there might
be better uses for the space and electricity such a device would
consume :)