[Noisebridge-discuss] </sf:Asheesh>

Asheesh Laroia noisebridge at asheesh.org
Fri May 1 20:59:01 UTC 2009

Dear Noisebridgees,

I am moving to Atlanta, leaving SF this Tuesday. I and some friends were
applying (nearly on a whim) to startup summer incubation programs (read:
"startup summer camps") to build a better way for users of open source
software to connect with programmers when those users want something
changed.

To my shock, a venture capital firm (named Shotput Ventures, based in
Atlanta) offered us funding. It has the condition that I move to Atlanta
with my co-conspirators to build up the idea. They told us this past
Monday, April 27.

This is the end of the San Francisco Asheesh. So I invite you all (who
want to!) to party, chat, and mourn with me at Zeitgeist, a bar not far
from 83C.

WHERE: Zeitgeist: Duboce & Valencia, San Francisco, CA
        (Near 16th & Mission BART; near Church MUNI)
WHEN:  Monday, May 4, 6:30 PM to ? o'clock
WHY:   The end of Asheesh in the San Francisco namespace.

It should be a nice, 70F day on Monday. Stop by. I expect it to be nice on
the back patio at Zeitgeist. I plan to be there from basically 6:30 PM
until I fall asleep. Zeitgeist does have a grill, and I for one plan to
eat there.

-- Asheesh.

P.S. Now we have to actually plan how we will succeed at this, where so
many others have failed before us. I'd love to hear your ideas, and we do
have a few of our own. I'll probably post again when ours are more
fully-formed, but by all means if you want to talk about it, drop me a
note.

P.P.S. I will miss Noisebridge, the people and the space! (There is a
hackerspace forming in Atlanta, and I'm already on their IRC channel....)

P.P.P.S. How many of you have actually used XML namespaces...?

P.P.P.P.S. You may notice the time is the same as PYCLASS's.

--
modesty, n.:
 	Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness.