[Noisebridge-discuss] "I am not the admin you're looking for"

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue May 5 22:31:38 UTC 2009

Over the past week I've had a number of members come up to me and ask if
I could help them with certain things that require admin access to
various parts of our organization's web facing services (such as mail on
the noisebridge.net domain, doing admin things to the wiki, DNS, etc).
As much as I'd like to be helpful in such situations, the only machine
under the Noisebridge umbrella I help admin is pony and (now) donkey,
both of which are more or less local machines.

I have no where near the security competence to over see something as
large and out in the open such as our web presence, and even though I
know they're both painfully busy and extremely stubborn, I'm pretty
happy with Andy and Jake being your friendly ops engineers.

Anyhow, I'm not sure people are approaching me for such tasks, but I
figured it would be a good idea to let people know that I only have root
on pony, donkey and your pants. Thanks for reading.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net