[Noisebridge-discuss] Machine Learning Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday!

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Wed May 6 17:01:07 UTC 2009

It's once again Wednesday, which means that it's time for the next
machine learning meetup at noisebridge.  For context: the last few
weeks have been Support Vector Machines, and the month before that was
implementing basic neural networks.

Tonight at 8PM, Praveen will be talking about Hidden Markov Models.
These are used in everything from speech recognition to
bioinformatics, and are a fun example of applied statistics.

A quick process note: this is the first time I won't be able to make
an ML Wednesday since they began.  Do me proud, folks!
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com