[Noisebridge-discuss] Eagle CAD question

Don French dcfrench at gmail.com
Tue May 12 00:33:43 UTC 2009

Well, I put the Eagle CAD class to good use and jumped right in and designed
my first board this weekend. I can't thank you guys enough for teaching the
class and getting me off my butt and working on this project, which has been
on my back burner for awhile.  I am pretty excited about the project as it
is will also tie into my first iPhone programming project.

But to get to the point of this post:  My board design generates over 200
errors - all Stop Mask errors on the tStop layer, and they all seem to
relate to text overlapping traces and pads.   I don't know if this is a
problem or not because I don't really understand what the tStop layer is.
Some of the offending text is from the Name property of some of the packages
and I don't know how to turn that off. Is this a problem?

-- Don