[Noisebridge-discuss] Spatial Imaging Workshop Sunday - Hologlyphic Technologies

marybraindoe at yahoo.com marybraindoe at yahoo.com
Thu May 14 19:13:50 UTC 2009

Hi Noisebridge,

   Please stop by if you are interested in learning about 3D movie/video technology, seen WITHOUT 3D glasses. I'll have a DIY True 3D display there and cover topics related to 3D display technologies, art, animation, special effects, content storage, real-time control with sensors/musical-keyboards/knobs, music/sound integration and more..

  If anyone has questions, ideas or comments, please let me know.

~Walter

Spatial Imaging & Sound Workshop

When: Sun, May 17, 8:00pm – 10:30pm
Where: Noisebridge
Hosted by: Walter Funk

Introduction to creating content for True 3D displays, seen without special glasses, aka Hologlyphic Movies.

Overview of spatial imaging basics, artistic techniques and practical applications. Although Max/MSP is used, this workshop will not revolve around Max use and will be of benefit to all who are interested in Holographic-like video technology for artistic use.

Spatial sound will also be covered, plus some cool techniques for those interested in 2D oscilloscope art!

First in a series of workshops intended to spread knowledge about Holographic-like video technology for artistic content creation. Workshops will evolve & become more hands on, with one-on-one attention, as time goes on.

Those wishing to brush up on this topic before the workshop can read these papers and articles:

http://www.hologlyphics.com/publications.htm