[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge mailing lists

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri May 15 18:25:52 UTC 2009

We get a fair amount of traffic here at noisebridge-announce-owner that
is of interest to Noisebridgers, but not noisebridge-related
specifically.  (Announcements of other hacker spaces, bay area events,
etc.)

The list charter for noisebridge-announce is as an announcement forum
for events *at* noisebridge or involving noisebridgers in some
significant fashion (and more than a strictly social fashion) --
basically, I'd like to print out the noisebridge-announce archives in a
year or two and ship them off to the IRS to show all the awesome stuff
we do and justify our 501(c)3 status.  And, of course, people who think
noisebridge is cool but aren't actually members are subscribed.

(FWIW -announce has 303 subscribers and -discuss has 269 subscribers as
of this morning.)

So I've been asking posters of noisebridge-interested-announcements to
repost to -discuss.  But of course -discuss is high volume, people don't
necessarily read it closely, and announcements can get lost in the
shuffle.

Do people see a need for a noisebridge-interest-announcements list to
encompass the "stuff noisebridgers might be interested in" category?

Thanks for any thoughts (and for suggesting a better name than
noisebridge-interest-announcements).

-andy