[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Department of Homeland Security

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Fri May 15 19:01:21 UTC 2009

I saw this on Boingboing:
http://jwz.livejournal.com/1046225.html?nc=23
(DHS photography license)

and thought.... if the license were not a US government document, it would
be totally legal.

What if we formed a Noisebridge Department of Homeland Security, and issued
our own legal licenses allowing us to do things that DHS is saying we can't?
It's not forging a government document, because no such document exists.
It's not impersonating a government employee, because we would be doing it
under the guise of Noisebridge.

I don't know how wise it would be to present a NBDHS photography license to
a law enforcement officer and expect to not make him mad, but it's a very
interesting legal question.

aestetix