[Noisebridge-discuss] Any interest in an Adobe Lightroom class?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sun May 17 01:35:46 UTC 2009

Adobe Lightroom is an application for Mac and Windows that takes many of
the photo management features of Adobe Bridge and throws in much of the
powerful photo oreientated tools of Photoshop. Lightroom also is a
nondestructive photo editor, meaning that when you import an original
photo the file will never get overwritten with any changes you do from
inside the application.

To learn more about LIghtroom and also grab a free 30 day trial, check
out their site...

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

I've been using Lightroom for about 2 years now and have a very detailed
work flow. Much of the learning curve with an application like this is
reworking how you deal with your photos/files, finding out how many of
the tools work and figuring what happens behind the UI. I'm still
learning new things every day about what Lightroom can do, but would be
happy to share much of my knowledge and walk through how my work flow
functions and why I do certain things.

Hopping on Slim's bandwagon of sexual candy, would anyone be interested
in a class regarding Lightroom? I think a 2 hour class or two would fit
in the just of it all.

If you'd like a class on an open source tool similar to Lightroom for
*nix, I've heard The Gimp is like the best thing ever, can do more then
Photoshop, has a friendlier UI and can be self taught in under 15
minutes. So I look forward to you teaching said class!

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net