[Noisebridge-discuss] RFC: My list of tools, parts, and materials

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 20:24:21 UTC 2009

Many of my students ask where they can get tools, components, and
materials, starting with the ones they've used in class, and beyond.

I've started listing everything I've used as a resource for them. It's
still pretty rough, but I'd welcome any comments and in particular any
glaring omissions you can think of.

I know the list of things we use is endless, but thinking in terms of
things we know work (or don't work) that will make the selection easier
for newcomers.

The classic failure is they get sent to digikey, enter "DPDT switch",
and are flabbergasted to discover that there are thousands of choices.
They get discouraged, and take up basket weaving instead.

http://teachmetomake.wordpress.com/tools-parts-and-materials/

No rush on this - I see this as a continuous process. That's why I did
it as a blog, and not a web page, so that I could easily update.