[Noisebridge-discuss] Shop Class today (Fri 29th) POSTPONED, Exciting additional projects!

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Fri May 29 18:59:52 UTC 2009

There will be no shop class this evening, as I'll be down at Maker
Faire helping Engineers Without Borders get set up.

There are tentative plans to conduct a shop class this Sunday May
31st, probably starting around 5-6pm. If this time slot works for
anyone, please email & let me know.

In the next class I'll be assisting those interested in continuing
with making the Drill Gage, as well as presenting some additional
projects and soliciting project ideas from others.

This class is structured around project-based learning, which I feel
works best when everyone is involved making something they are exited
about using in their day-to-day life.

Two additional projects I'll be going over:
* Vegetable scraper (a healthier alternative to a vegetable peeler)
* Portable Book Press for making pocket booklets

I also have some vague ideas about making musical instruments, but
nothing concrete. If you have any ideas (about musical instruments or
anything) please bring them, keeping in mind that at this point we're
exploring the basic fabrication techniques of layout, sawing, filing
and drilling. We'll be exploring more advanced subjects later on, but
for now the idea is to get grounded in the basics.

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact