[Noisebridge-discuss] World Oceans Day Beach Cleanup - Ocean Beach

peter peteryoungmeister at gmail.com
Sun May 31 17:11:01 UTC 2009

Who loves a day at the beach? I sure do! But it kinda irks me when
it's covered in garbage. You very well might feel similarly. So! Come
out for a mere 2 hours to clean up the beach on June 7th. You know you
want to. Bring friends and family because, after all, it is hanging
out on the beach!

Here is link and details:

http://squidlist.com/events/index.php?com=detail&eID=183569

World Oceans Day Beach Cleanup
Sunday, June 7, 2009 10am to 12pm Ocean Beach Judah St. and Great
Highway San Francisco, CA 94122 Contact: Eli Saddler,
eli at oceanhealth.org, 415-342-7497 OceanHealth.Org and the San
Francisco Chapter of Surfrider team up for our annual World Oceans Day
beach cleanup in San Francisco at Ocean Beach. We will be meeting at
the Judah Street entrance to Ocean Beach along the Great Highway.
There will be gloves and bags. Just bring yourself and dress for
variable weather. You can reach the spot by taking MUNI on the N Judah
Line. Please carpool or take public transportation in the spirit of
the day. This is our 3rd annual World Ocean Day in the Bay Area.
Please check out: http://www.oceandaysf.org What is World Oceans Day?
June 8 is now recognized as World Oceans Day by the United Nations.
After years of lobbying, the United Nations will officially recognize
World Oceans Day on June 8, 2009. World Oceans Day is an opportunity
to celebrate the more than 70 percent of our planet that is a critical
part of the sustenance and recreation for more than half of the
world's population.
Sunday, 07 June, 2009
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM