[Noisebridge-discuss] New place locator

munkeyfreenix batcat munkeyfreenix.batcat at gmail.com
Sat May 2 03:50:10 UTC 2009

Re: Google -- why not use the nb servers to run mapserver and have our own
GIS. its open source, and we can run GRASS GIS inside it as well if we're
feeling ambitious, script with pywps and we have something really cool to
build upon. then we could get multispectral satellite photos and find
location by the best frequency spectrum. that was a joke. kind of.

Re: building a barrier - it doesn't have to slide, and in fact we could get
some sound board and plywood and make little sandwiches, mount them with
some heavy duty hinges and a pulley so that they can be pulled down and
latched to the railing, or opened.

Another option is that we start having some events at a temporary location.
I've been attempting to organize a temporary hackspace out in the east bay
and have a location, just not so much time. Gonna post about it so follow
that one.

justin