[Noisebridge-discuss] Space Viewing Report: 2101 Mission Street at 17th Street, #204

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Sat May 2 21:29:07 UTC 2009

Shannon Lee <shannon at scatter.com> writes:

> Add: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/off/1148249383.html Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/milohholim
> Hi Noisebridge,Yesterday, Miloh, Andy and I went to look at the space
> advertised in http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/off/1148249383.html

not on the space proper, but having visited yorba.org the other day (on
the otherside of 17th on capp) this area is a little less 'seedy' than
the current location (we were theorizing that the width of the road vs
the weise 'alley' might have more to do w/ it than anything else).

also, as i was riding home the other day, it looked like there were 'for
rent' signs in the block where the eff is (shotwell between 20th and
29th). craigslist doesn't show anything but i only glanced. anyway,
these might need more 'work' though since one looked like an auto repair
place.

> The huge drawback is that the ceilings are low, 8 foot, and the
> "rafters" are even lower.  Although the owner said he was going to
> pull them out, at the time we viewed it there were long, long, cheap
> light fixtures throughout the space add to the "cave" effect.  Miloh
> and I both felt like this was nonetheless workable, but Andy was less
> thrilled.

is andy's 'reservation' (my word for 'less thrilled') due to the
low ceilings or something else?

\p
---
Lisp is a programmable programming language. --- John Foderaro