[Noisebridge-discuss] Anyone interested in building EEG controlled robots?

Jean Rintoul jean.rintoul at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:19:13 UTC 2009

If people were looking for a flexible software infrastructure to hook their
applications into there is this BCI2000 thing. It comes with a P300 spelling
application as a starter too. Is it flexible enough to hook up to the
OpenEEG setup? I have no clue.

http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/User_Tutorial:Performing_a_P300_Spelling_Session

BCI 2000 allows you to plug and lay little matlab scripts and run them in
real-time so you could make new algorithms on the fly. The spelling
application classically runs with BioSemi. It sounds like you can use
different hardware with it too. I have no personal experience but it sounds
pretty neat from here.

Run your classification algorithms, then have a stable set of functions and
SDK at the other end to map to your twitter apps? Ideally, you'd have
something equivalent to the err 'Emokey'... which just patches the output of
your brainwave detections to different key commands so it can hook into any
pre-existing software. It's still more useful to have applications specially
built to run with the working detections, as they will map and work more
intuitively.

Jean

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com