[Noisebridge-discuss] Space Viewing Report: 2101 Mission Street at 17th Street, #204

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Mon May 4 23:24:33 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:

> aestetix aestetix wrote:
> > I will publicly reiterate what I said before:
> >
> > I think the place is awesome. It has its downsides (for example, I'm
> > wondering how to rig up projectors for 5MoF), but the location is
> perfect,
> > and the size gets around almost all our problems.
> >
> > If we can, I strongly recommend putting down a security deposit for it.
> Even
> > if we wind up going with another place, I'd rather bite deposit money and
> > have two places to pick from, than wind up empty handed wishing we'd done
> > so. I'm personally willing to contribute cash to make sure that happens.
>
> Hi Aestetix,
>
> I'd suggest you orginize another viewing, so more of the people involved
> and impacted can weigh in?

I'm more than happy to do so, but I only really have weekends free right
now. If people are willing to check it out on a Saturday or Sunday, I'm
game.

> I'm not keen to move into a place with low ceilings in the middle of the
> worst block in the mission.

Absolutely agreed. I'm not saying we need to move there immediately or
anything. I was just comparing this hunt to my recently concluded search for
a living space. Finding a commercial space could be totally different than a
residential space. It just seemed very convenient, and it would be a shame
to let a good opportunity fly away. We should definitely keep an eye out for
more spaces.

> And then there's the issue of our current lease...

I don't know specifics of the Noisebridge lease, but there is usually a
clause to break the lease for a fee or sublet it.