[Noisebridge-discuss] New Noisebridge Space

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue May 5 00:27:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 03:26:28PM -0700, Bill Pollock wrote:
> I've been following the discussion about finding a new space for
> Noisebridge. I'm really excited to see that Noisebridge is growing and
> thriving and I'm writing to weigh in on that discussion. (I've been
> following the commercial real estate market for almost seven years now.)

Awesome, thanks for the pointers, Bill.  I really appreciate it.

> * The commercial real estate market is pretty efficient. When you find a
> deal there's usually a reason. That doesn't mean that deals are a bad
> thing, but it's important to know why something is a deal.

Yep, this was exactly my feeling -- "this space is really cheap.  Why is
it so cheap?" before I went in -- as soon as I saw the ceilings, the
answer was obvious.  Some users won't mind the ceilings and will get a
great deal; the neighboring space is a seamstress workshop employing
little old Asian ladies, who could care less about 6' versus 11'
clearance.

-andy