[Noisebridge-discuss] Haschool

Jeremy Fitzhardinge jeremy at goop.org
Sun May 10 00:21:04 UTC 2009

Jason Dusek wrote:
> 2009/05/09 Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy at goop.org>:
>
>> I might be able to get Bryan O'Sullivan (author of Real World
>> Haskell) to give a talk if there's interest too.
>>

>   Do you think you'd want him to give an intro-to-Haskell talk
>   or maybe his Erlang-and-Haskell talk?

That really depends on the audience.  If there's enough Erlang
familiarity, then the latter might make sense, but I think a general
intro is probably going to be more appropriate.  Maybe he'll want to
just ad-lib something.

I haven't raised it with yet, so we'll see if he's up for anything at
all (but he has been making noises about dropping into NB anyway).

BTW, your proposed project is quite similar to one I've been toying with
(ie, thought about but not written a line of code), which is a
not-completely-braindead fuse<->s3 filesystem using the Haskell fuse and
curl bindings.  Getting the curl side of things working would be a good
start...