[Noisebridge-discuss] Exchanging GB Pounds to US Dollars while minimizing conversion loss?

d p chang pchang at macrovision.com
Thu May 28 18:55:57 UTC 2009

Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com> writes:

> I have heard from many people that ATM rates are remarkably good as it's
> fully automated and there's competition between the networks.

one thing to check before doing this is if your bank does something
else. eg, my credit union didn't ding me at all but my girlfriend's bank
(wamu or bofa or someone) needed a talking to.

for the amount in question has the OP considered eft/wire transfer? i've
only had to do this once (dollars to francs), but my bank gave me a
pretty good 'deal'.

\p