[Noisebridge-discuss] vermin at 2169, fridge repairs

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Nov 2 21:07:31 UTC 2009

Sunday evening around midnight, several members saw a member of species
Rattus norvegicus exploring from the elevator room along the baseboards
and into the dirty shop.

The various waste piles in the elevator lobby provide a pretty keen
warren for small mammals.  Let's try to reduce those and eliminate the
hiding places.

Additionally, a member reported seeing a roach in the refrigerator that
evening.  Reviewing the fridges it looks like the magnetic door seal on
the fridge labelled "food" is compromised along the bottom.  Unless
someone takes action to improve the situation (ie replace the seal or
whatever) I'll be removing that fridge to the municipal waste transfer
station on November 14.  (I'd rather do it this weekend but alas I'm out
of town; if someone else wants to take point on this plan, please let us
know.)

-andy