[Noisebridge-discuss] Regarding discussion about ownership from the Tuesday meeting, 20091117

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Nov 18 20:08:42 UTC 2009

I really really don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I just wanted
to make one thing clear. After reviewing the notes I ran into this
question and answer...

 > Q. Why wasn't there a mailing list post when the darkroom builders
 > decided that the couch was a problem, in order to explain what
 > happened? A. The darkroom builders tried in person to figure out who
 > put the couch up and to explain their concern, but they didn't manage
 > to do so.

About an hour after the couch came down the first time I ran into one
person who admitted that they had put the couch up there and asked why
we removed it. I listed off my concerns...

* New light leaks created with weight actively being moved around on the
roof.
* Safety concerns since the last time I checked the roof wasn't actually
attached to any studs.
* Extreme close proximity to a sprinkler head (of which Kelly, Andy and
myself had bumped into trying to move the couch around earlier in the
night).
* We weren't even done with build out of the roof let alone the rest of
darkroom, putting stuff up there hinders our ability to continue working.

I told said person that the first three points could be counted as
personal opinions, and that there actually isn't much in the way of me
stopping them from putting the couch up there. But I did ask them to
please not put it or anything else like that back up there until we were
done with build out of the darkroom.

So to correctly answer that question from the meeting, yes communication
was made as to why we removed it and a request to not actively do
anything else on the roof till we were done was delivered.

If you would like to continue active discussion about this, please hit
the *Reply* button and not reply-all. Thanks.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net