[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: wondering about a sketch for a hackerspace

Praveen Sinha dmhomee at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 00:00:44 UTC 2009

fyi guys

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Praveen Sinha <dmhomee at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 4:00 PM
Subject: wondering about a sketch for a hackerspace
To: press at xkcd.com

Hello XKCD team!

I am writing on behalf of Noisebridge, a collectively run non-profit
hackerspace in San Francisco (http://noisebridge.net).  We host an amazing
array of projects, speakers, events, and host a diverse group of technology
enthusiasts from around the world and of all ages.  We have been operating
and continously expanding over the past 2 year, and we just moved into a
huge new space in the Mission District.  As hackers, we are of course big
fans of your comic, and we have had a thread on our mailing list as to which
strip we should blow up and print out and stick on our wall.

Someone on our list with the idea that perhaps we could just write you guys
directly and ask if Randall Munroe would be willing to do a custom comic for
our space, and thus this email!  We realize that you are probably
exceedingly busy doodling, going to speaking engagements, and drinking
champagne, seducing bloggers, and shmoozing up celebrity lolcats (or
whatever similar thing internet famous people do).  We don't have much
money, but maybe we could even commission some custom art.

In exchange your piece would be viewed by hundreds of adoring people in an
insanely hip and historic creative space.

Thank you so much for your time and your inspired art.

Yours,
Noisebridge Member and hacker,
Praveen Sinha