[Noisebridge-discuss] Five Minutes of Fame November pillowtalk

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 01:59:57 UTC 2009

God. Damn.

I think it goes without saying that all of you fucking rock.

We made the horse drink, then threw reigns on it, and rode it off into the
night. Possibly one of the better hacks I've ever participated in.

I want to extend a special thanks to Mike Burstein. His picture is in the
dictionary next to "brilliant." And Slim, Audrey, Reed, Denise, and everyone
else who played a role in making last night happen.

That's what it's about, kids. Noisebridge is a do-ocracy. Push your limits,
question assumptions, and make the world a better place, one BART swing at a
time.

More thanks. To Ani, who created the brilliant intro video, as well as the
embarassing "Stretch break" short. To Naomi and James, who ran the A/V and
internet streaming, despite problems with the wifi. To Andy and Karen, who
brought Dorkbot to the space the night before, and left it set up to make
life easier on us. And to Zedd, who worked with Ani to create our own DIY
projector screen. Cause you could buy or rent one, but damn if it isn't way
more rewarding to build one yourself out of scrap parts.

And to the speakers, and the audience. Everyone who made this happen.
Everyone who saw the fourth wall come down and let it pull them onto the
stage.

That's what Noisebridge is about.

Until next month,
aestetix