[Noisebridge-discuss] 26C3 Conlanging 101 preview - Dec 10 7-8pm

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Mon Nov 23 06:11:27 UTC 2009

I'm going to be doing a preview / test run of my "Conlanging 101" talk
for 26C3 at Noisebridge, Thursday Dec 10 ~7-8pm PST.

The 1hr talk is
a) an intro / overview to the art & craft of language creation (like
an expanded version of my lightning talk at Toorcamp -
http://conlang.org/toorcamp.pdf), plus
b) conlanging-by-crowd-committee where I'll (albeit very quickly) go
through actually making a new language on the spot good enough to
translate part of the Babel text (like a super-compressed version of
my Berkeley DE-Cal class).

The real one will have a workshop afterwards, but I'll skip that.

Most likely what I'm going to do is spend ~10 minutes giving a fairly
fast-paced overview, ~35-40 going through making a language on the
spot, and anything left over on Q&A.

I'll try to coordinate w/ aestetix & miloh to make sure it's simulcast
@ http://ustream.tv/noisebridge; if not there, it'll be @
http://www.ustream.tv/conlangs . I'll also have some mechanism to
comment live in a way that I'll see - either irc on freenode #lcs or
skype - so remote people will get to participate.

So please come by or get online at the time. Any suggestions for
improving it will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sai