[Noisebridge-discuss] [PSA] Intensive NERT training Thursday and Monday

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Mon Nov 30 22:46:34 UTC 2009

In keeping with our tradition of relevant public service announcements:

There's an intensive NERT training session this Thursday and next Monday
(12/3 and 12/7).  It's, you know, intense, two full-day sessions starting at
08:30 (sigh).  This is normally 6 evening sessions spread out over a month
or so.

I just RSVP'd for myself, and asked how many slots are available.  Not sure
at the moment, but I imagine it's plenty.  My understanding is that they're
especially keen to get amateur radio operators involved.

To RSVP, email sffdnert at sfgov.org

What's NERT?

*Curriculum:
*The goal of this program is to help the residents of San Francisco be self
sufficient in a major disaster situation by developing multi-functional
teams, cross-trained in basic emergency skills.  Through this program,
individuals will learn hands-on disaster skills that will help them as
members of an emergency response team and/or as a leader directing untrained
volunteers during an emergency, allowing them to act independently or as an
adjunct to City emergency services.  There is no cost  for the neighborhood
training, and the class sessions are approximately 3 hours.

Here's the details, along with the next one:

*St. Mary's - Cathedral Hill
*St. Mary's Cathedral Event Center
1111 Gough<http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=37.783649&lon=-122.424512&zoom=17&q1=1111%20gough%20st%2C%20san%20francisco&gid1=21380385>
@
Geary

Two Day Intensive!
Thursday/Monday 8:30am-5:30pm, December 3/7
Class session 1, 2, and 3: December 3
Class session 4, 5, and 6: December 7

Cathedral Hill Flyer
12-3-09<http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/fire/sfnert/09.12.03St.Mary_CathedaralHill.pdf>
 (PDF)

RSVP: email sffdnert at sfgov.org

*2010 Full NERT training:

South Beach/Mission Bay/SOMA
*SFFD Headquarters (HQ)
698 - 2nd Street<http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=37.780628&lon=-122.390611&zoom=17&q1=698%202nd%20st%2C%20san%20francisco&gid1=21380385>,
Fire Commission Room

Wednesdays 6:30pm-9:30pm, January 13-February 17
Class session 1: January 13
Class session 2: January 20
Class session 3: January 27
Class session 4: February 3