[Noisebridge-discuss] Rubin is hawt.

Tom Longson (nym) tomlong at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 02:00:29 UTC 2009

So it appears as if they actually have most of their bases covered.
They appear to be using cookies, and looking at IPs. They require a JS
include, and have a lot of what are probably IP specific variables in
that include. They write out the form to the DOM, and even the submit
is done via a JS function ( PDF_a2176834(0); for me ).

One technique could be to write another JS script that identifies the
radio button that is next to the text "Rubin", mark it as selected,
then fire the click handler for the submit button. The guy behind
del.icio.us did a similar attack on a poll site using del.icio.us at
one point, essentially sending all his visitors as unaware ballot
stuffers, each with their own unique IP.

Not that I'm encouraging ballot stuffing, just interesting stuff.

Cheers,
Tom Longson (nym)
http://tomlongson.com