[Noisebridge-discuss] shop organising/inventory Monday tomorrow at 7pm

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Sun Nov 15 21:32:19 UTC 2009

* Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> [091115 12:55]:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:23:07PM -0800, Ani Niow wrote:
> > shop ... so disorganised
>
> Seems to me we'll want some pegboard and bins. And shelves.
> I'll bring some pegboard down from Discount Builder today.

I think we probably have enough peg-board from what we brought over
from 83c. Personally, I don't thing peg-board is the best solution for
everything, though I admit it does have it's uses. One of the best
organizational devices for a shop IMO is a rolling tool-chest with
many drawers. Every shop I've worked in has had one of these, and it's
amazing how much they can hold and make readily available for use.
Plus, you can roll the entire tool-collection right up to wherever you
are working.

I was going to propose at Tuesday's meeting that we make funds
available for purchase of such a tool chest. I think we can find
something decent on Craigslist for ~$200 or less. A quick search
brings up the following. Does anyone have the time & transport to
pick up one of these today? Do we have budget?

This looks awesome! :
  Craftsman 11-Drawer Quiet Glide Roll-Away Tool Chest
  $250 (san bruno)
  http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/tls/1460551712.html

Less drawers, but decent price...any one out Pittsburg/Antioch way
that could pick this up? :
  Craftsman 26 in. 5-Drawer Tool Center with Riser, 80th Anniversary NEW
  $125 (pittsburg / antioch)
  http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tls/1459841437.html

Even less drawers, with an even lower price :
  Tool Cart
  $60 (mountain view)
  http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/tls/1466077779.html

I've been putting a call out for folks who are interested to come to the
Friday night shop class thing to help with the buildout/reorg of our new
shop, but got no response so far...probably haven't been clear enough in
putting out the message. Also, I've been preoccupied with finishing the
work table (which is now done).

There's been discussion about moving things around in the shop to make
better use of the space. We were going to get started on this Friday,
but finishing up the work table took longer than anticipated. I'm
actually heading over to 2169 right now to pick up on that again. If
anyone's interested moving furniture, come on by.

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact