[Noisebridge-discuss] This Friday: Noise Toy workshop, and Loud Objects show with Jib Kidder

doctor popular yoyogenius at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 18:05:27 UTC 2009

This made my day. I'm a big fan of Tristan's album 1-Bit Music, which his
site describes as "An electronic circuit assembled inside a CD case with a
headphone jack". More info here http://www.1bitmusic.com/

It looks like he'll be performing in SF with Leslie at Gray Area Foundation
for the Arts on November 19 too.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Gian Pablo Villamil
<gian.pablo at gmail.com>wrote:

> This Friday (November 20th), my friends Tristan Perich
> (http://www.tristanperich.com/)
> and Lesley Flanigan (http://lesleyflanigan.com/) will be in town, and
> having two events at Noisebridge.
>
> First, at 6pm, they'll be hosting a Noise Toy workshop. They'll be
> teaching anyone how to assemble their very own Noise Toy, a
> microcontroller-based, programmable and controllable sound generating
> device. The workshop finishes with a jam session of everyone's
> completed toys. The workshop is free: if you want to take the Noise
> Toy home,  a donation to cover cost of materials would be much
> appreciated, estimated to be about $10 (might be less).
>
> Here's a video of a workshop:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/createdigitalmedia/3428249036/
>
> Afterwards, around 8pm, they'll be performing as Loud Objects
> (http://loudobjects.com/) - assembling electronic circuits live on the
> bed of an overhead projector. This is an intense, intriguing and LOUD
> performance, you can watch the process as the circuit comes together
> and starts producing ever more complex and chaotic sounds.
>
> Finally, Jib Kidder (http://www.myspace.com/jibkidder) will play some
> of his characteristic mind-blowing guitar solo/remix music.
>
> Voluntary donations gratefully accepted!
>
> I can't think of a series of activities more suited to the Noisebridge
> ethos! Should be fun, instructive, and not too disruptive to other
> activities in the space!

-Doctor Popular
Yo-Yo Genius/Craft Mogul
415-724-9267