[Noisebridge-discuss] Wifi is down -- how to fix?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Fri Nov 20 21:12:10 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Jason Dusek's message of Fri Nov 20 12:23:24 -0800 2009:
>    Ben went into the DJ booth and touched some stuff and
>    now all wifi is down. How do I fix it? I can neither connect
>    to XML.com nor pony.noise.

Any indication what was touched?

I've been away from the space for a couple weeks, so this information
may be slightly out of date.

Last I was there, wireless was being served by the Cisco Aironet 1100 AP
that was above the wire cubbys on the way in.

See if this is plugged in.

Where does the ethernet out the bottom of it go?

Last I was there, it was just connected to the hub (!!) on top of the
wall behind those wire cubbys. Try plugging into there.
Can you DHCP for an address from a port on the device the wireless AP
connects to?

Cheers,
jonathan