[Noisebridge-discuss] Wifi is down -- how to fix?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Nov 20 22:54:41 UTC 2009

Hi kids. Some of us in ops are working on it. It seems like the Soekris
acting as our router accidentally lost power and forgot some things on
how to properly route the tubes. Jof is all over that like a fat 3rd
grader is on cake.

Jason Dusek wrote, On 20091120 140348:
> Actually, I can not find the wireless AP.

I relocated both APs to a grander home (then hanging off of some
shelving pointed up). They're mounted to the wall outside of Penisland.
The Cisco 1100 is running the "noisebridge" 802.11bg network while the
Ubiquiti FuckYourMother device is running the "noisebridge-a" 802.11a
network. I'm fairly sure I sent a nice little email to discuss about
this when I moved them, but maybe not. Anyhow after moving them
somewhere nice and high and more central seemed to help with some of the
wifi problems we were having.

The Ubiquiti Micro is still ziptied somewhere up high, but not actually
on or powered up. I should take that down some time and give it back to
Matt.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net