[Noisebridge-discuss] Unattended sharps in drawe

Mark Cohen markc at binaryfaith.com
Sat Nov 21 17:28:46 UTC 2009

Better yet, make the shadow box a Daguerrotype development box and hear the mercury to boiling, creating mercuric oxide (HgO). Then cover the bottom of the box with aluminum to show how mercury rapidly oxidizes (rusts) the aluminum.

Now THAT'S art!

On Nov 20, 2009, at 10:21 PM, Shannon Lee wrote:

> I've been hearing complaints that there isn't enough art; maybe someone should fill one of the syringes with mercury, mount it in a shadow box and hang it on the wall, thus making inroads on three different problems.
>
> --S
>
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Meredith Scheff <satiredun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ya, I just didn't know they're status. They are useful, but I could
> imagine accidental pokings and subsequent freak outs. You know, like
> prom night.
>
> Drawing and making
>
> On Nov 20, 2009, at 7:19 PM, joel jaeggli <joelja at bogus.com> wrote:
>
> > Out of the package is bad juju.  On the other hand the people at
> > 1696 haight will take your old ones and give you a supply of new
> > ones. That said they're easy enough to order in bulk in a range of
> > useful shapes and sizes...
> >
> > Josh Myer <josh at joshisanerd.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I found those before, they appear to be unused.  A syringe is a
> >> surprisingly
> >> useful thing every now and again (not just when you need to ride
> >> the white
> >> horse).
> >>
> >> (If we throw these out just because they're needles, so help me $
> >> {deity}...)
> >> --
> >> Josh Myer 650.248.3796
> >> josh at joshisanerd.com
>

> --
> Shannon Lee
> (503) 539-3700
>
> "Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science."

Mark Cohen
markc at binaryfaith.com

Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.
-Carl Sagan, 1996