[Noisebridge-discuss] On Removal of a car boot

Mark Cohen markc at binaryfaith.com
Sun Nov 22 01:11:42 UTC 2009

On Nov 21, 2009, at 4:52 PM, Sai Emrys wrote:
<SNIP>

> Also, I wonder if they're vulnerable to standard lockpicking
> techniques. I've never actually seen the lock on one of 'em up close.
>
> - Sai

According to Universal Boot (Sabodoin Manufacturing Inc in Montreal) they state that "Any padlock will fit"

This means that ultimately they can be compromised. It depends on the make and manufacture of the lock...

The problem though is that the tickets are still in the system with the vehicle registration number and plate numbers.. So if the auto is moved but the tickets aren't paid they will likely put a warrant out.